Family Assistance Program (FAP)
The Family Assistance Program (FAP) is designed to provide a more long-term solution for households detrimentally affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, especially those comprised of “front-line” employees.
FAP offers qualifying households an account between $500 to $1000 (depending on the size of the household) to be used on necessities such as food and medication, overdue rent and utilities, and minor household repairs leading to a more safe environment, and approved households have up to six contiguous months to use the funds.
Qualifying households are those that:
- have at least 3 full-time residents in the household;
- have had incomes reduced or eliminated due to the pandemic and are unable to pay for rent, utilities (electricity, gas, and water), food, and/or medications; and
- have a combined family income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Line (HHS FPL Guidelines)
If you believe you qualify and would like to apply, please hit this link and submit a completed application. All applications will be considered, and you will be contacted by JFS staff to discuss your application once it has been reviewed.
Applications can also be downloaded here, or interested parties can have an application mailed by requesting a copy to FAP@jfsdesert.org or by calling 760/325-4088 ext. 250 and leave your name and address in the message.
Approved households will be awarded funds as follows:
- Households of 3 people: $500
- Households of 4-5 people: $750
- Households of 6+ people: $1000
Funds will be paid directly to vendors; approved households instruct JFS to pay on specific accounts, and JFS will process payment within 3 business days.
- Submission of an FAP application does not automatically qualify a household for support.
- Support through the FAP is contingent upon the availability of support funding.
- Approved funds that are not spent on approved necessities within a 6-month contiguous period will be returned to the FAP account.
- Households may only be assisted one time through the FAP. Support through the FAP does not preclude households from receiving counseling and/or additional support from JFS.
- All applicants will be required to provide supporting documentation such as lease/rental agreements, utility shutoff notices/bills, or bank statements. Failure to submit requested documents in a timely fashion may preclude a household from being approved.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 760-325-4088 ext. 250 or send us a note to FAP@jfsdesert.org